Book your Free Consultation! (204) 727-1920
The Bela MD treatment is a system used to treat a variety of skin concerns. The effects of this treatment include exfoliation of the superficial layer of the skin using a micro-dermabrasion diamond tip. Penetration of an effective topical bio-infusion serum chosen to target specific skin conditions, such as acne, dehydration, fine lines and wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. The use of medium frequency electromechanical stimulation provides a lifting effect, enhances blood circulation and promotes waste excretion. Penetration of fine Hydrogen water particles into the skin, promotes an antioxidant effect. Electroporation is a technique in which a tiny electrical field is applied to cells to boost permeability of the cell membrane and enhance cell uptake.
- The micro-dermabrasion tip works by removing the uppermost superficial layers of the dead skin cells from the face, neck, chest, and hands. This will create favorable conditions for serum absorption. Microdermabrasion is used to treat fine lines and wrinkles, acne, scars and other skin conditions. The intensity of the procedure can be adjusted to your desired results and comfort level.
- Medium frequency electromechanical stimulation uses a water droplet-shaped handpiece that provides a kneading type of massage. This will increase blood circulation, skin regeneration, muscle relaxation and waste excretion, providing a lifting effect of the skin.
- Hydrogen water, also known as H2 therapy, will provide an antioxidant effect, to help reduce inflammation by eliminating free radicals.
- Electroporation is a technique in which an electrical field is applied to the skin to boost permeability of the cell membrane.
While bela treatments are safe and effective for most individuals, the following conditions outline who will not be a good candidate for this type of treatment. Please review the listed contraindications and confirm that you do not have any of the following:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Use a pacemaker
- Have a muscular or nervous disease
- Being treated for cancer
- Have orthopedic implants
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Facial paralysis
Pre and Post care instructions
- Do not use Accutane (acne medication) for at lease 6 months before treatment.
- Discontinue the use of any topical AHA’s (Retinol, vitamin A, salicylic acid) for at least 3-5 days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid the use of depilatories, waxing or any laser treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure or the use of tanning beds at least 14 days prior to your treatment. Wear sunscreen with a minimum SPF30 at all times when outdoors. *please note sunburnt skin cannot be treated.
- Please ensure that you have not had any injectables; neurotoxin or fillers, for at least two weeks prior to treatment.
- Some medications or supplements may increase sensitivity. Consult your technician.
- It is your responsibility to notify our office and/or your technician if there are any changes to your medical history or medications you are currently taking.
- Your skin may have a slight rosy glow for approximately 24-48 hours after treatment. You may also feel like you have a mild sunburn if your skin is extremely sensitive.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 1-2 days after your treatment. Use a sunscreen every day that blocks both UVA and UVB rays, preferably one containing an SPF30 or higher. We recommend a physical broad-spectrum chemical free sunscreen with an SPF50.
- Avoid any irritants such as products containing bleaching creams, Retin A, Retinol, glycolic/salicylic acids or astringents for at least 1 week after your treatment.
- Avoid submerging the area treated in a chlorinated pool or hot tub for the next 3-5 days.
- Do not pick or pull any loosening or peeling skin. This could potentially cause scarring or hyperpigmentation.
- You may or may not experience peeling and flaking of the outer, dead layer of skin within the first few days after your treatment, this is normal.
- Acne may temporarily look worse after the first treatment but will improve after additional treatments.
- Your technician will recommend post treatment skin care products for you.